And now on to the Week 4 challenge...
"Layers of Me"
Design Concept: Dimension and Layers
In designing your pages, flat layouts have evolved to include depth and texture, thereby creating layouts with dimension. It is as if your elements are popping out of the page. There are a lot of possible techniques to achieve this - layered embellishments, sewing, sanding, crimping, the use of bulky or dimensional materials among others.
- This week's theme is all about you, the historian, the artist of the family
- Create a 12x12 layout focusing on you, your life and where you are now
- Use ONLY Cardstock and Patterned Papers
- You must create your own embellishments.There are lots of things you can do with paper to create your own embellishments like cutting images out of patterned papers, diecuts, paper piecing.
- Stamping is NOT allowed.
- To add dimension you may ONLY use the following: Diamond Glaze, Clear Embossing, Clear Crackle Medium, Paints (of any color), Glitter (of any color), Stickles (of any color)
- Colored inks may be used ONLY for distressing.
- Journaling must be visible in your layout. Your journaling should focus on you, your life and where you are now.
- There should be dimension and layers in your layout.
- Include a write-up of how you applied Dimension and Layers in your design
Criteria for Judging: Originality & Creativity - 20%; Overall Design & Craftsmanship - 30%; Choice of Photo - 20%; Journaling - 20%; Challenge Requirements - 10%
Please make sure you follow these reminders strictly. Some are not following the format we've indicated and it slows down the uploading process.
- All entries must be submitted by September 11 (Thursday) on or before 10:00am
- Email your entries to: email@example.com
- File size of each of your photos should be no larger than 300KB
- Submit a maximum of 3 shots of your LO -- one full shot (required) and 2 detail shots (optional)
- Include your Full Name and Title in the filename of your images when submitting your layouts:
Sample Format: Liza Bermudez - Layers of Me
- Include Journaling, Materials List and any additional notes in the body of your email to facilitate uploading