We have received a concern from one of the finalists regarding the Christmas theme, due to her having a different religious belief.
In light of this, for those who do not celebrate Christmas, you may use photos that "celebrate" a similar occasion, bearing in mind that it should meet the following key components of a celebration (so everyone is on equal footing):
- it is a festive and joyous occasion
- it recurs annually, usually a major holiday
- it is an occasion celebrated by a community
- it is a day when family and friends gather, usually for a feast
- it is a day when greetings, and possibly gifts, are exchanged
Examples: New Year, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Easter Sunday, etc