Here are the details for the Week # 1 Challenge...
Have you tried paper piecing?
Paper piecing is a technique that scrapbookers have been using for quite some time. You can create unique page embellishments with this technique. It is created by using patterns to cut out parts of an image from different pieces of paper. When they are reassembled and glued back together, you can now have an original accent for your layout.
Aside from having original and unique embellishments for your pages, it is also an inexpensive alternative for scrappers on a budget. It's a great way to use up your scraps and create something new.
- Creativity is the key and sky is the limit. There are no restrictions on what you can create.
- The only limitation is to use at least 3 photos on your layout.
- Include a write-up on your design process and how you created the paper pieces
- You may submit any size format but no lesser than 8.5 x 11
- Photos for this challenge must not have been used in any previous layouts (both Local or International)
Criteria for Judging: Originality & Creativity - 35%; Overall Design & Craftsmanship - 35%; Choice of Photo - 15%; Journal - 15%
- All entries must be submitted by July 2 (Thursday) on or before 10:00am
- Email your entries to: email@example.com
- File size of each of your photos should be no larger than 300KB
- Submit a maximum of 3 shots of your LO -- one full shot (required) and 2 detail shots (optional)
- Include your Full Name and Title in the filename of your images when submitting your layouts:
- Include Journaling, Materials List and any additional notes in the body of your email to facilitate uploading
Here are the Week #1 Participants!